Can I "dry shave" ? Dry hairs are harder to cut than well-moistened hairs , this will make your razor duller faster. In addition without the proper moisture you’re just looking to get razor burn.
- Try using either a shaving cream or gel. Apply the cream or gel in the opposite direction the hair grows, this will help moisten the hairs and reduce friction during shaving.
- You will also want to gently pat-dry your shaved area, so you don’t accidentally increase irritation by rubbing the skin to roughly.
- Never apply deodorants or antiperspirants immediately after shaving, be sure to apply a moisturizer after shaving, massage the moisturizer into the skin ,this helps increase absorption and the massage will help soothe the irritation.
How Can Skin Irritation Be Prevented ?
- The worst time of day to shave is first thing in the morning ,because your body fluids puff up a bit while you sleep and the swelling dose not go down until after about 20-30 minutes of being up and about. your best bet is to shave in evening or after your coffee and breakfast in the morning.
- Shaving usually gets the best results on skin that has soaked in warm water water helps plump up the individual hair strand, which softens it and makes it easier to cut.
- Not only is water important to moisturize the hair, but you should also try using a rich shave gel or cream as an additional aid in the battle of the hair. it not only eases the pain of shaving by adding moisture/lubrication ,but it also prepares the hair when you apply the gel or cream in the opposite direction the hair grows. you will want to rinse out your razor more often when you are using gel or cream, since such moisturizing agents can cause build up on the blades life.
- Try to take fewer strokes when shaving, each stroke of the blade increase the chance of skin irritation.
- Change your razor or cartridge often.a sharp blade will give you a quicker, closer shave, providing an easy, comfortable shave. In addition new blades require less pressure to get a good shave, so you will reduce the risk of nicks and cuts.
How Do I Get The Best Shave ?
- Its important to use either a good shave gel or moisturizing, moisture is pivotal to a good shave, especially in such delicate area.
- Shave in the same direction the hair grows not against it . due to the coarseness, curliness and thickness of the hair shaving against the growth direction will cause irritation and possible ingrown hairs.
- Try to use as few strokes as possible and moisturize when done.
How Do I Shave My Bikini Area ?